Corey is a former NHL goalie, host of Blindsided (a Players Tribune podcast), and author.
He also has OCD.
In this episode we talk about:
- Corey’s editorial in the Players Tribune in 2017
- Opening up about mental health and seeking help
- Corey’s hockey journey
- Sports culture around mental health & why Corey didn’t share his story earlier
- How we can change the stigma (in and out of sport)
- Advice for athlete’s currently struggling with their mental health
- Corey’s podcast and what he’s learnt from interviewing top athletes on mental health
Players Tribune article: theplayerstribune.com/articles/corey-hirsch-dark-dark-dark
Corey’s book: www.amazon.ca/Save-My-Life-Corey-Hirsch/dp/1443461091
Corey’s website: coreyhirsch.com
Tune into ALL IN with Natalie Allport on your favourite podcast / audio platform for the full episode.